Hopefully by now everyone who is reading this understands the importance of protein, whether you’re trying to build muscle or lose fat ensuring that you’re hitting your protein targets should be one of your top priorities.
As a general guideline I’d recommend consuming a minimum of 1g of protein per kilogram of body weight, that is the absolute MINIMUM that you should be consuming. I don’t care what the RDA says, the RDA does not apply to people who are trying to better their physiques.
For us meat eaters it’s pretty simple to consume plenty of complete protein sources but for those of you who don’t eat meat it can get a bit more tricky, so below I have compiled a list of my top vegetarian protein sources to ensure that even the veggies amongst us can hit their protein targets with ease:
1. Quinoa – 13g of protein per 100g
2. Buckwheat – 13.5g protein per 100g
3. Soy beans – 36g protein per 100g
4. Quorn – 11g per 100g
5. Ezekiel Bread – 11.8g protein per 100g
6. Eggs – 6g protein per egg
7. Fat Free Greek Yogurt – 8g per 100g
8. Quark – 14g protein per 100g
9. Cottage Cheese – 14.3g per 100g
10. Força Fuel Protein Fusion – 80g per 100g
What’s your favourite vegetarian protein source?